Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog


Just a quick promo for those of you who like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, How I Met Your Mother, musicals, or Joss Whedon.

Dr. Horrible is either a very short movie or an average-length television show, depending how you look at it. The first act debuted yesterday, and it was really funny. It is about an extremely likable want-to-be supervillian (he won't do battle in one park because there are children there), Played by Neil Patrick Harris, whose amazing work in How I Met Your Mother is replicated here, but with a different spin. Nathan Fillion, of Firefly, season 7 of Buffy, and, lately, Desperate Housewives, is his nemesis in the form of Captain Hammer, who is suprisingly (but deliberately) off-putting for a hero. Let me just give you one more taste: the first song is titled "Laundry Day/Freeze Ray." If you find the name funny, you will probably like the movie.

When I've seen the whole thing (Act II comes out tomorrow; Act III on July 19), I will blog my review of it, along with hints about my Buffy obsession, I'm sure. If you haven't seen it and I've intrigued you, check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Horrible is awesome! NPH is so hot.